Strip and Staining Bid Request
Bids are requested to remove old stain from and apply new stain to exterior of the historic “log cabin” Old Highland Town Hall and one associated outbuilding located at 9360 County Road S. Installation is required as soon as possible. Bids must be sent to the Town Clerk, PO Box 22, Lake Nebagamon, WI 54849. Bids will be opened at 7:00PM at the Highland Town Hall on June 6, 2019 when a contractor will be selected. For questions contact Sam Jones, Town Facilities Supervisor at 218-341-8229.
Contractor selection will be based on fixed price (excluding cost of stain) and the stripping process used to minimize wood grain exposure.
- Strip old stain from building exterior including rafter tails and trim with minimal grain damage
- Fill voids with material to accept new stain like the cleaned wood exterior
- Apply 2 coats of high-quality stain to all stripped areas
Bids must include:
- Stripping process description used to comply with bid request
- Clean-up and disposal of all stripped and stripping/blasting material
- Stain brand and cost to be determined
- Contractor License Number and Certificate of Insurance
- Total cost (excluding stain) and not to exceed date of installation
The Town of Highland reserves the right to reject any or all bids, waive any irregularities in bidding, and to accept the bid deemed most advantageous to the Town.
Nora Anne Moss